Monday, October 4, 2010

The Little Things

"Not Until We Appreciate The Little Things Will We See The Big Picture"

I was on Fall Break today, and I made it family day. I went to surprise my dad at school, which is the elementary and middle school that I attended. It was great to see old teachers and talk to students that he currently has. Then my mother took a half day from work and we had a picnic at the park and went shopping. I'm sad I didn't find anything, but I'm happy that she got everything that she was looking for.

While enjoying my day with my family, I had to stop and count my blessings. So many times, we get lost in the fast pace world that we call life. We forget about others because we are thinking about ourselves. Or forget about ourselves, because we are thinking about our kids. Something has out minds blocked out from focusing on the little things.

As I watching the kids play basketball and seeing my father in his element, I began to think about when I was in middle school... I had it made. I'm was blessed beyond measures. Money had no true value... All we thought about was getting concession (which we called Hawk Treats) on Friday. Teachers reminded us over and over again, when we had an assignment due. Friends would make us mad and we may stop talking for a few hours, but by the time 7th period came we were friends again. Drunk and high had a different meaning, we had "drunk" some good Kool-aid and we wanted to go as high as we could on the swings. The Little Things.


The little things like...
Being able to get up out the bed in the morning

Being able to smile
Being in good health
Being able to speak/hear/see

Having something to eat

Having air to breath

Having rough days to appreciate the great days
The little things...


For me, I just have to say Thanks because I'm content. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm thankful I'm not where I could be.

I could be...
Homeless

Sick

Hungry

Depressed

Suicidal

Jobless

On Medications

Crying Every Night
or Dead...

But I'm not.. I'm here!


I'm breathing, laughing, smiling, joking, and thinking...


So when the little things, become big...You Will Appreciate... The Little Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment